The planning has been much like walking the Presidential ridge in New Hampshire. The vision is awesome, and the ridge trail is a mix of some steep climbs, comfortable plateaus, and even a few down hills.
The invitations were sent out on Friday. Fortunately we had room to invite everyone that was nominated. So far the response has been very positive and I've been most inspired by the many invitees and presenters who have reached out with questions and suggestions which demonstrates that our small team of five is growing steadily to a march larger team of invested and dedicated educators who are excited about coming together to spend a day to inspire one another to Teach ALL Children that we serve.
There's lots to look forward to as we get closer to the event.
On Friday night anyone who is attending the event is welcome to join us for a pre-event reception. Details of this early evening event will be sent out closer to the date.
Then on Saturday we urge everyone to plan so that they can be there for our 8 a.m. start so they don't miss Chop Chop's well-designed healthy and delicious breakfast bar as well as the chance to meet those who support educators and colleagues who are attending the even from throughout the state.
While the agenda keeps changing (sadly Meenoo Rami is unable to attend the event, but happily we have a number of awesome Massachusetts educators who have volunteered to speak in her place), the following main events will occur:
- Jose Vilson will keynote. I can't wait to hear Jose once again in person. We're lucky he's able to join us.
- At Colleague Circles we'll use good process with small teams to discuss a problem of practice--one that's related to our desire to Teach ALL Children.
- We have many dynamic presenters and presentation.
- Chop Chop will put on a terrific lunch.
- There will be Tokens of Appreciation to bring back to school.
- More keynotes from inspiring Massachusetts educators to be named soon.
- A follow-up reception at a nearby restaurant (details will follow).
To keep up to date with this event, please visit our website regularly. And a BIG thanks to the many who have supported us financially and with the planning and preparation for the event.