Saturday, June 13, 2015

Rethinking the STEAM and Math Spaces

It's time to clean up the classroom and think about next year's organization. The main theme of the room will be STEAM and math.

I'll move my coaching corner to the back of the room and separate the now combined math/STEAM center.

The STEAM center is essentially a maker station that includes a number of plastic file drawers filled with all kinds of recyclables and maker supplies. I'll sort and organize those materials, and will probably write a grant this summer to update those resources.

I'll move the math center to the front door area of the classroom. The math center includes a large number of arts and craft supplies, calculators, measuring tools, and math manipulatives.

Now that the plan is done, I'm ready to start the clean-up process.