MA Teacher Evaluation Rubric Standard Two. Element 2A1 has implications for explicit teaching related to effective effort, perseverance, goal setting, and high quality work at the start of the year and throughout each lesson and unit. I suggest that your "learning to learn" unit at the start of the year include what effective effort and perseverance look like. I also suggest that teachers explicitly model what effective effort, perseverance, and goal setting/attainment looks like during the "learning to learn" unit in the first week or two of the year as well as throughout the year. Then educators should support students with regard to creating collective and individual initial goals and practicing perseverance.
As you reflect on Standard IIA1, think about how you will embed this standard at the start of the year, and throughout each unit and lesson during the year. Read the standard, indicator, element, element rubric, criteria, key points, questions, and evaluation grid. Then make a copy of the grid and add implications for your own practice. I've inluded an example of my own implications for your reference.
Standard II: Teaching All Students. The teacher promotes the learning and growth of all students through instructional practices that establish high expectations, create a safe and effective classroom environment, and demonstrate cultural proficiency.
II-A-1: Quality of Effort and Work
Criteria (from exemplary):
Consistently models and defines high expectations for quality work and effort and effectively supports students to set high expectations for each other to persevere and produce high quality work.
- Consistently models and defines high expectations for quality work and effort. How will you determine and define quality work and effort related to the year in general, each lesson, and specific units for students?
- Support students to set high expectations for each other to persevere and produce high quality work. What processes will be put into place to help students set high expectations, produce high quality work, persevere, and coach each other in this regard?
|Educator Evaluation Analysis Document|
Example: My Self Analysis Grid
- Reflection #1 Subject Matter Knowledge
- Reflection #2 Child and Adolescent Behavior
- Reflection #3 Rigorous Standards-Based Unit Design
- Reflection #4 Well Structured Lessons
- Reflection #5 Variety of Assessment Methods
- Reflection #6 Adjustment to Practice
- Reflection #7 Analysis and Conclusions
- Reflection #8: Sharing Conclusions with Colleagues
- Reflection #9 Sharing Conclusions with Students
- Reflection #10: Quality of Effort and Work
- Reflection #11: Student Engagement
- Reflection #12: Meeting Diverse Needs
- Reflection #13: Safe Learning Environment
- Reflection #14: Collaborative Learning Environment