Thursday, May 07, 2020

COVID19 Teaching: What I hope for my students

Everyday I write to muster the vision and purpose that energizes my work with my family and children. This morning I want to focus on what I hope for my students, colleagues, and family members.

I hope that my students, colleagues, and family members know they are cared for and loved
Via daily teaching, collaboration, and conversation, I want those I live and work with to know that I care about them and I want to work with them to make this situation positive. They are not alone.

I hope that my students will continue to deeply develop their knowledge, concept, and skill
A good education leads to a good life. I want my students to continue to learn and develop their skills related to quality academic goals. This is a good diversion from the challenges that exist related to the virus.

I hope that my students will continue to develop self knowledge
Via conversation, questioning, and project work, I hope that my students will continue to develop self knowledge about what they enjoy, who they like to be with, and the kind of work and endeavor that speaks to them. The more they understand who they are and what they love, the more apt they'll be to work in live in ways that make them happy and help them to succeed.

I hope that my family members, students, and colleagues will maximize this time at home
I will encourage my children to use this time to develop their professional skills and knowledge, deepen their relationships, and engage in activities that make them happy and healthy. I will acknowledge the opportunities this time presents to colleagues and students--time to be with their children, time to develop their academic capacity, time to create, time to play, and time to dream

I hope that my family members, students, and colleagues will be healthy
I'll cook good food, encourage realistic schedules, and promote positive activity during this time to boost my health and the health of those I love and serve.

For all of us, there's much that we can do to support one another during this time, and that ability to help begins with our hopes for those we love and serve. Onward.