Monday, March 23, 2020

Today's Learning Curve: Virtual Meetings, Learning and Teaching

Today I'll spend most of the day virtual meeting, learning, and teaching. This is a learning curve for me since I have spent almost no time with virtual meeting, learning, or teaching. What will that include?

Professional Learning Community (PLC)
Our grade-level professional team will meet this morning at 9 a.m. to discuss multiple teaching/learning topics. This meeting will include the grade-level teachers, special educators, the school psychologist, principal, and perhaps more.

School Committee Meeting
I'll likely watch the 10 a.m. school committee meeting today to see what they are talking about with regard to this learn-at-home time.

Faculty Meeting
Our entire faculty will meet online at noon to discuss multiple issues.

Online Coaching
I'll coach a number of students via one-to-one meetings today. I did that for the first time last week and it went quite well. The student and I worked together using a Google doc as a shared "white board" to study fractions. I'll do the same with students today.

Planning for a virtual learning future
Virtual learning is here to stay with greater strength. I want to think about when and how this works well as I climb this learning curve today and in the days ahead. It is a bit daunting for me, but every new learning is a bit daunting. Here goes.