- Discipline: read, research, write each day, healthy routines
- Rigor: Attention with detail with regard to the learning experiences I support and facilitate
- Patience: Listening more than talking.
- Self-control: Making wise choices about time, money, entertainment, collaboration, and professional efforts.
- Dignity: Respect for self and others.
- Respect: Less judgement, more encouragement.
- Knowledge: Regular reading and research, periodically attending and presenting at professional conferences.
- Curiosity: Exploration via museums, travel, reading, research, and engagement in new endeavors.
- Wisdom: Choose a mentor group of living and historic wise leaders. Reading their words, following their lives.
- Ethics: Making decisions with seven-generation thinking; what's best for all of us today and into the future.
- Honor: Acting in a way that exemplifies the best of whom we can be as humans: honorable speak, acts, choices, connections.
- Empathy: Putting myself in the shoes of others and seeing challenge, choice, and effort through their eyes. Go hard on problems, not the people.
- Resilience: With every error, knock, troubling judgement, and struggle, recognize that life is a path of hills, valleys, and plateaus--weathering life's terrain with resilience builds strength, capacity, positive perspective, and success.
- Honesty: We have to be truthful to ourselves and others as that builds great strength and support for overcoming obstacles, gaining good connections, and achieving in meaningful, positive, proactive ways.
- Long-term: Look ahead and be willing to sacrifice today to achieve tomorrow.
- Possibility: Make time to dream, and work for the possibility your dreams create.
- Bravery: Always have the courage to do what is good and right.
- Kindness: Be honestly kind and helpful to all that you live and work with.
- Awareness: Stay abreast of the people, places, and events around you, and act with respect with regard to current events, emotions, needs, and potential.
Saturday, August 10, 2019
Godin highlights character attributes
I'm a fan of the way that Godin encapsulates important lessons with a few concise words. I'd like to see him have more to say about the politics of the times, but in the meantime, I still read his wisdom and lessons often. Today he highlighted character attributes a post. I translated those attributes into actions I can forward to make those attributes visible in my life. It was a good exercise. Take a look if you're interested: