Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Where's Your Focus?

Daily I revisit my focus at school. That's a necessary step since there are so many tugs at our time, resources, energy, and effort.

Tomorrow is a busy, positive day, and my focus will be directed towards supporting the students in every way I can. We've done the planning, prep, and challenging work for a large number of initiatives, and now it's a matter of carrying out that work with a students-first focus.

The students have persevered greatly. They've taken many tests, read many books, written many stories, and investigated a large array of topics with depth and care. There's more to do, but now we're at a point that's nearing a sensitive transition from grade school to middle school. They're excited for the change, but also somewhat sensitive about such a big change. They are also simply growing up which brings with it all kinds of joy and some growing pains too.

I really enjoy working with and for the children, and that's where my focus will be tomorrow and the days ahead. Onward.