Friday, December 07, 2018

Working with an amazing team

Have I told you that I work with an amazing team?

Every day I am positively challenged and learn so much from the dedication, investment, talent, and skill my team members display. They are amazing.

I am fortunate to work with this team, and I become a much better teacher because of their honesty, willingness to risk, flexibility, open mindedness, and care.

Also the fact that our team represents a diversity of ages, interests, experience, outlooks, and skills, makes us much better too. We profit from our diversity.

We also profit from the fact that we work together to teach all fifth graders; we meet regularly to review, refine, and revise the program; and we are situated near each other so essentially our classrooms make up a fifth grade wing of the building--a part of the building devoted to the teaching and learning of fifth grade students.

As a problem solver, I sometimes choose critique over compliment, however at this moment in time, I am aware of just how grateful I am to work with such a dynamic team of educators. May it continue.