Monday, December 10, 2018

Those Challenging Days

There are days in school that are tremendously challenging for all kinds of reasons. Simply put, teaching is a job where you simply never know it all and meet challenges regularly. Recently I met with a relatively new challenge. I've tried two or three ways to deal with it without any good resolve yet. I've read a few articles and have sought the wisdom of colleagues. I think right now I have to take ten steps back and just let the problem be for a bit so I can get some perspective and let the reading and research I've done sink in until a solution arrives.

No matter how long you've taught it is a challenge to teach every child with the grace, skill, just-right pace/program, and interest that you desire. We do our best and with each new challenge, we learn how to do the job better. Onward.