Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Teaching After a Long Weekend

For the past few decades I've mostly been home during a long weekend. I spent those weekends catching up on life and participating in my children's events. Now as a mom of young adults, I had the chance to take off for the weekend and visit one of my sons. As always it was a great treat to spend time with one of my children.

After a big, fun weekend away, it takes a bit more get up and go to get back on track with the school week. Fortunately I left the plans ready to start up again after a past week of lots of standards-based environmental education.

What's on the agenda this week?

Mainly this week will find students digging into place value skills, concepts, and knowledge in multiple ways. We'll also have some good time for deep discussions and planning sessions related to teaching reading, serving students well, and planning for upcoming special events and targeted teaching.

Onward.