Saturday, February 10, 2018

If I Were Trump . . . .

If I were President Trump, here's what I would do:
  1. Admit I don't know it all, and it's amazing that I became President
  2. Think about what it means to be the leader of all Americans, not just White men and a few other women.
  3. Prioritize the issues of most merit to all people, not just issues that pad my wealth and uplift my rich friends and relatives.
  4. Use my power to move forward with critical issues such as poverty, education, health care, environmental protection, positive global relations, infrastructure, jobs, immigration, and human rights by choosing the best and the brightest leaders, people who have dedicated their lives to these causes.
  5. Listening to those best and brightest leaders, and finding ways to support optimal bi-partisan support for solutions to the most important problems the country faces. 
  6. Think about my legacy and work to leave a country better prepared to support the good life for my children, grandchildren, and all the world's children.
  7. Daily reflection, prayer, meditation with the best spiritual guides to build greater empathy, humanity, and service to others.
  8. Acknowledgement that my brazen shortcomings to date are evidence of my past missteps and influences, and any further efforts I make will be efforts that put myself far beneath the needs of the American people and their will for peace, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.