Sunday, February 11, 2018

Research Ahead

I read Empowered Educators last year and found it to be a good book with which to take a close look at the teaching/learning I do and how it compares to success criteria across the globe. 
I generally take a look at which of my blog posts are being read each day and then I reread those posts. When I reread those posts, I ask myself if the post is still true to my work, and if I am living up to the words of the post. If the post is now untrue, I'll typically add a note to the post to update it or reflect new think and understanding.

Today as I reviewed a post that people are currently reading, a post that essentially summarizes the main research I did last summer. I recognized that there's one more area for me to focus on in the coming summer and that area is the latest research in cognitive science. The more I understand about how students learn, the better teacher I'll be. I can also continue to deepen my knowledge in math and science as well. These are two good goals to put on my to do list going forward.