So as I navigate the road again amongst a zillion invitations to get off track, I'm focused on the following:
- Local union website, note taking, teamwork, learning.
- State union professional learning and advocacy for what's best for students, schools, and learning
- Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) Teachers Advisory Council efforts, contribution, and share.
- Math education: a steadily deepening program that serves all students well with research-based, student-friendly modern approaches to teaching and learning math
- Science learning: hands-on, engaging activities that bring the science standards to life, encourage creativity and curiosity, and allow students to learn and experience what it is that scientists do.
- Reading instruction that helps students to understand the many ways that we can make sense of and enjoy texts in multiple genres.
- Writing/Social Studies: supporting grade-level projects and learning in these areas.
- Engaging, holistic fifth grade program: supporting a grade-level program that is engaging, empowering, and educational.
- Positive home-school balance
- Professional Learning: courses, presentations, books, online share/research, collegial share and creativity
I want to keep this list handy so that I can resist the many temptations that exist to get off track--onward.