Saturday, November 04, 2017

Readying for the Learning

Today as I work with new teachers in Massachusetts, I'll listen for the following learning points:

  • What do new teachers need?
  • What do new teachers find most helpful?
  • What will the speakers during the day focus on with respect to successful schools and teaching?
  • What can I do to be a helpful and supportive teammate with new teachers?
  • What can we do in schools and systems to welcome and assist new teachers?
  • What new ideas, perspectives, and strategies do new teachers use that might help me to uplift my practice?
  • Specifically, how do new teachers today reflect? What reflection vehicles do they use? How often do they reflect, and where do they find it to be helpful or troubling?
  • What kind of help do new teachers need with regard to reflection patterns?
  • What do new teachers think about the Massachusetts Teacher Evaluation System? What will make the system more manageable and helpful to them?
I look forward to thinking and learning about these questions today.