Sunday, October 22, 2017

Teaching: The Long Road

It is a morning for good reflection. The autumn air and beauty is inspiring me. As I reflect on the learning this year and in the future, I am recognizing that my specialty will be math/STEAM teaching and learning. I really enjoy this area of teaching and learning and can see multiple ways to develop my knowledge and students' skills and abilities in this area. This work will bring me joy and help me to stay fresh and up-to-date with the work I do this year and into the future.

This year and in the years to come, I'll finish up my commitments to a number of other professional efforts, and then zero in on this area with good professional learning events, reading, research, reflection, and lots and lots of application. I've been thinking a lot about the path forward and today this path has emerged with strength--it's good to have a destination :)