Friday, August 04, 2017

Too Many Emails and Share: A Teacher's Dilemma

For a long time, I've been faulted with too many emails and too much share.

What's a teacher to do?

I've thought a lot about this, and my desire to forward teaching/learning organizations has prompted me to continue the share despite the head shakes, disparaging remarks, inauthentic responses, and lack of response.

"It's overhwhelming. . .we can't keep up. . . .we're not interested," are some of the responses heard or inferred related to my share and writing.

Frankly, I'm tired of the negative response and lack of interest in all the share, so beginning today I am going to make a change.


Okay, hold the applause.

Here's how I'll proceed.

First, for the many who never to rarely respond, look down on my share, and don't take me seriously, I'll no longer email unless it's to respond to a mandatory question. You're off my list. You can relax.

For the great team members who do collaborate with care and depth, I'll use the share vehicles and protocols we've created to streamline and strengthen idea share, collaborative work, and goal setting.

I'll continue to write as much as I want as often as I want online via my blog which is available to anyone who is interested.

I'll work forward to string ideas, research, and efforts together in more formal vehicles of share such as books, videos, presentations and more. A good goal ahead.

Onward. 

Update: I continue to share ideas with those involved if I think the ideas have positive merit.