Sunday, February 12, 2017

Not Ready

As I watched the young adult navigate a situation, I knew that 10 years from now he would did differently. I could say that to the person, but it would be of no help. In many cases we have to go through those developmental steps of learning, knowing, and understanding before we can do things differently or better--it's just the way it is.

Last night as I watched a table full of bright-eyed, ambitious, and kind young men at an awards ceremony I realized that they are about to embark on a new journey in life, a journey that will be a great teacher and a journey that will be made up of both good and not do good experiences and lessons.

Sometimes we're not ready to know, and sometimes we have to simply go through lots of living before we can understand. Onward.