Challenge and change, on the other hand, provoke questioning, debate, and discussion. This occurs mostly because no one group or individual can see issues, events, and decisions from all perspectives. That's why good collaborative and inclusive process is necessary.
So when challenge and change are thrust upon us, what can we do.
First, we should assess and analyze the challenge and change from our own perspective.
Then we should reach out for clarity and understanding with questions such as:
- What is the rationale for this change?
- What is the history related to this challenge?
- Help me to understand the details?
- How does this fit into the bigger picture?
- Here's where I need to understand more to embed this change into my work or meet this challenge in a productive way?
The biggest mistake we make when it comes to challenge and change is to think that it will happen without discussion, debate, and questions as those are natural attributes of these kinds of events.