Thursday, October 13, 2016

Do You Contribute to and/or Teach in a Dynamic Learning Community

What is a dynamic learning community?

What are the attributes of learning/teaching environments like this?

While I've always been a fan of moving schools to learning communities, I want to dig a bit deeper to see what many believe that to be.

I found a few articles to begin with:
I'm curious about this literature because I believe that schools of old are often matched with some less than positive attributes, and the idea of learning communities that include educators, families, administrators, and citizens hold terrific potential for positive teaching and learning.

One way to move from factory models of schools to more vibrant, holistic learning communities is to shift the focus from school to learning community.

I will continue to explore this concept. If you have thoughts to add, please let me know.