Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Find Your Tribe: Reach Out to Move Forward

When Chris Lehmann begins Educon each year, he welcomes his tribe of educators and learners.

Recently I've reached out more and found a number of "tribes" that support my work, feed my spirit, and help me daily to do the work I want to do.

Too often we stay mired in situations that don't feed our spirit, support our efforts, inspire us, and lead us forward. If you're in a situation like that, it's important to reach out, try new teams, connect with others, and look for places that help you to do and be that which you envision.

It can be frightening to reach out and try something new, but if your original commitment and reason for reaching out is truthful and solid, you'll find that the initially frightening expedition will turn into positive, proactive support--the kind of support that helps you reach the destination you're seeking.