Next year my focus will be to follow as much as to lead.
I want to establish routines that give students voice on a regular basis. Those routines will include the following:
- Early year lunch meetings with each child in small groups.
- Early year special activities with new students and others.
- Starting each math lesson with student math thinking share.
- Greater emphasis on building team skills. (The TEAM in STEAM)
- Making time to listen to colleague's ideas, questions, and perspectives.
- Working with the collegial team to develop a strong program for students.
- Open attitude to families' questions, concerns, and ideas.
- Welcome family visits, presentations, and expertise.