Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Trust and Team

Trust is an integral element of successful teams.

Yet it's not always easy to build trust in complex organizations and endeavor.

As I think about this, I wonder how much effort we make when it comes to trust and team. How do we build trust with our students, colleagues, families, and leaders?

Trust has roots in our history too. In what ways was trust exemplified and developed in your home as a child and later as a young adult? What kind of trust did you exude in your first jobs, relationships, and living arrangements?

As I get older I recognize the value and strength of trust.  I also understand the fragility of trust too.

We can build trust with honesty, transparency, compassion, and a willingness to forgive and forget.

As educators, trusting relationships with those we serve will strengthen the work we do.