Sunday, February 08, 2015

Buddy Time: Students Plan

My colleague and I have been planning buddy time activities for our fifth grade-kindergarten share.

This week we'll turn the teaching/planning over to the fifth graders.

I'll start with the fifth grade charge, "You will be in charge of buddy learning this week," and the question, "What centers would you like to create to help kindergartners learn in interesting and imaginative ways."

We'll discuss the questions, and then I'll give interested fifth graders time to create their centers, activities, and approach. My colleague and I will support their work.

This will create an opportunity for my fifth graders to create and lead, and an opportunity for the kindergartners to learn with lots of creativity and care.

Note:
This idea presented by Adam Mauer can be used as an exemplar.