This is a brainstorm list I'm starting. Feel free to add in the comments section. I'll revisit the list often to add new ideas.
Supporting Students in Need
- Identifying students early.
- Problem solving as a team.
- Creating protocols for student support.
- "Home Away from Home" Homerooms
- Late summer, before school prep and share with regard to those students.
- School Orientation
- Affinity groups that embed academic standards and respond to social needs/interests.
- Regular, strategic effort and idea share.
- After school social groups that foster enriching activities that develop social power/connections and embed standards.
- Opportunities to engage in enriching after school activities that other classmates engage in.
- Regular, targeted coaching and communication that leads our collective work in this regard.
- Time to set up, share ideas, organize.
- Perhaps a bigger space in the school for large-scale creation and supply organization/storage.
- Time to access, write, and submit grants.
- Systematic collection, organization, and storage of recyclables.
- Healthy snacks available at all times.
- Adequate recess and play time.
- Better signage and coaching for recycling, earth-friendly behavior, healthy eating.
- Student-led professional learning.
- Teacher-directed professional learning.
- Greater choice and voice.
- Better communication and share systems and protocols.