Students are gaining confidence with fifth grade routines, expectations, and topics.
Though it's still early in the year, so review is essential.
The next few weeks will bring us to the following places:
- Check online home study list each night.
- Read newsletter each week.
- Organize materials, and pass in homework when due.
Ecosystems: Life Science Unit
- vocabulary review: crossword puzzles
- collaboration lesson.
- outdoor exploration
- outdoor data collection w/chart and iPads for pics
- life science information review w/website, student-made crossword puzzles
- ecosystem cycle reviews: food web, water, metamorphosis, season
- fossil study
- Gizmos: interactive models
- writing in science review
- written assessments, Science
- coordinate grids
- numerical expression unit review and assessment
- place value, operations review
- embed Next Generation performance items into place value unit
- problem solving, SMPs
- George Washington Carver: finish reading books and write reflections
- John Muir: read books, reflect
- Girls Who Looked Under Rocks: Stories of Women Naturalists
Read Aloud: Wonder
- Many Voices
- Auggie's Personal Story, Connections
- Math, Science, ELA Models and Projects
- Leadership and Teaching Study and Practice for Fifth Graders
- Halloween Box for the Troops
- Mathematical Thinking (starts 9/27)
- MassCUE Attendance and Presentation
- Educon 2.7 Attendance, Learning
- ISTE 2015?
- Wayland Institutes