Before visiting the location, we'll split up into the following groups:
- Animals (bigger than insects)
- Water (there's a small brook)
- Rocks, Fossils, and other Nonliving Objects
- Climate, Weather, and Sky
The job on this first visit includes the following:
- Quietly explore.
- Take notes about the items you see--list types, numbers, and other observations.
- List questions.
That night each team will be asked to list their observations, questions, and other notes on a shared ecosystem Google doc chart.