Friday, November 09, 2012

What is your Goal?

"The goal is the goal." -Godin

I read Godin's blog each day. He informs my work and direction. Today, he speaks of goals and one's attention to the goal at hand.

Great post for me as I approach a weekend of attention to my individual students.  Over the weekend I'll think about each student's program, and I'll review a host of completed work which will give me insights to students' needs and accomplishments. Then I'll refine the routine and lessons to better meet their needs.

For elementary school teachers, the goal is teaching children well in engaging, thoughtful ways that meet interests, passions and essential skill, knowledge and concept.  This goal is the reason I continue to teach. Afterall, "the goal is the goal."  Thanks for the inspiration, Seth Godin.