Friday, February 14, 2020

Problem solving

Some problems hang on you like a too heavy coat. For some problems, the solutions are not easy to find. What do we do when that happens?

First, it is important to understand what you can about a problem, and not make it greater. I remember years ago when I encountered a challenging problem, and then I added to it to make it an even greater problem. That was not wise. Keep problems small.

Next, sometimes problems in your midst are not problems for you to solve, but instead problems to live with. That might sound crazy, but truthfully, we don't always have what a problem takes. I can think of some issues that exist in my world that are simply not my problems to solve.

And, thinking of the worst case scenarios can help. For example you can imagine the life of the problems and where they may go if the worst case scenarios occur, then work against those worst case scenarios which will help to keep the problems at bay.

No matter who you are or what you do, you'll encounter problems that are seemingly insurmountable. That's simply the way it is.