I've been thinking big all morning, and now it's time to translate that big think into local action--what will I do?
- Focus on our grade-level environmental science curriculum. We are involving the students in lots of standards-based, hands-on environmental education and advocacy. This is positive in so many ways.
- Focus on teaching a multi-modal, hands-on, standards-based math program that provides students with a strong foundation of mathematical skill, thinking, problem solving, and analyses.
- Focus on reading the book, Just Mercy, as I focus on my 2020 one-word, reverence.
- Make time to welcome and support family members as they celebrate milestone events, persevere in work/school endeavor, connect with and build relations with loved ones, and live good lives.
- Focus on the kind of self-care that allows me to live well and do well by others.
- Make time to reflect and plan for the future in ways that match my values and dreams.
- Speak out and work against hate and injustice via research, reading, writing, and support for political candidates and leaders who promote the best of whom we can be as a people and nation.