Thursday, August 01, 2019

True to your values

It's easy to be true to your values when you have sufficient money, time, and space, but it's a lot more challenging to be true to your values when your time, money, and space are compromised. A strong personal constitution helps in this regard. I'm thinking about this as I move from the relaxed days of summer to the busy, challenging days of the school year. How will I live and work according to my values during those days?

Positive Pattern
I always write about this because I know that a positive pattern spells success. Creating a good pattern to follow before your minutes and work are challenged with all the initiatives and other time consuming efforts ahead arise is positive. For me, the focus in the year ahead has everything to do with helping each and everyone of my students to thrive socially, emotionally, physically, and academically. This means that the focus of my days will be to forward an engaging standards-based program where children are actively learning with one another throughout the day.

Health
To live a healthy live means you have more positive energy for all that you love and all that you do. This is important.

Fun
When you add pleasure to the schedule, your energy rises and your teaching is better. To be all work and no play makes one dull, and a dull teacher or family member is not a good teacher or family member.

Growth
Always have a few goals you're reaching for, goals that bring a positive challenge. Goals like this are energizing and positive. Reaching positive goals leads to greater engagement, better contribution, and satisfaction too