Today I'll read Timeless Learning, a book that I have been looking forward to reading for some time now. I have been harvesting inspiration and great ideas from the authors of this book for years via conferences and social media hence, one reason why I'm so excited to read this book is that I'll be able to listen to their philosophy and ideas in via one thoughtful book rather than lots of sound bites and stories over time. Also, I know that the authors ideas are valid and valuable since I've used many of those ideas over time to the benefit of my students and teaching practice. Therefore I'm excited to learn about more of their positive, beneficial ideas as I read.
Overall, as I read, I'm looking forward to using the book's wisdom to refine my big picture vision of where I want to take my teaching practice in the next few years. Specifically I am looking for answers to these questions:
- How can I improve the teaching/learning environment?
- How can I improve my attitude and mindset with regard to teaching all children well?
- What does my classroom, school, and system need in order to improve teaching and learning for all children?
- What research do I need to attend to as I refine and deepen my practice?
- What efforts and attitudes do I need to avoid and stay clear of as I grow my practice?
Overall I believe this book will help me to reboot my vision and practice in ways that will benefit my students for the modern world and good living.