Friday, August 10, 2018

Thinking Big: What's on the horizon?

I made a few tough decisions this summer that moved my path in a different direction. After analyzing a number of routines and investments, I realized that there were some glaring areas of neglect that were holding me back--holding me back in happiness, holding me back in meeting my vision, holding me back in strength.

While the decisions were tough, they are probably unnoticeable to most since the decisions are deeply private having a lot to do with my inner self rather than my outer self. I made the decisions with the help of numerous conversations, lots of reading, and mentors near and far online and off line.

It's yet another turning point in my life--an important and welcome turning point.

As I embark this revised path, I am thinking big this morning--thinking about the amazing potential that exists all around me including the bright and talented educators I work with, many kind, empathetic, and invested leaders, a loving family, good neighbors, committed student, and strong communities.

I want to work hard at traveling this path I've made and I want to encourage others to travel their paths with as much love, good thought, investment, intelligence, and care as they can find. Good living is possible for all people, and it's in everyone's best interest to work for a world that promotes this good living and reaches for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for all.