Sunday, June 10, 2018

Trump Angers Me

Trump's brash, disrespectful, me-first talk and action angers me.

He rarely to never is polite, graceful, kind, or open hearted. Instead he's got a know-it-all attitude which he conveys through mean spirited, name calling tweets and sound bite responses. We see little evidence of reflection, kindness, care, or diplomacy. It's a my way or the highway survival-of-the-fittest approach to leadership that's filled with mistruths and contradictions. He says what he wants to in order to get his way. There's little evidence that he's leading forward for anything but making the wealthy wealthier and as for human rights and lifting up the masses, there's no evidence that he feels this is important or valuable. I truly feel his philosophy is that those who overpower others and serve for selves will survive and if you don't have that attitude or live that way, so be it--that's your problem. I've seen no evidence that he cares about humanity, dignity, or the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness for all peoples in America and beyond. I'd love for someone to convince me otherwise with proof.

So what does this mean for average people? Why are some content with Trump and his bullying ways of leadership? Perhaps they feel that they belong to his team and will therefore profit from his ways. Perhaps they too hold a survival of the fittest philosophy of living and are not people who believe there's room for everyone to have good lives? Perhaps they are people who don't believe in our creed that "all men are created equal" and that we are a country aimed towards "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" for all.

I want to live my life in pursuit of the ideals our country stands for--democratic ideals that support a good life for all, not just some. I am not a survival of the fittest fan, but instead a fan of good living for all. I believe we can make that happen, and I believe that there is enough to go around so that everyone can live good lives.

I am heartbroken that our President is outwardly so mean and cruel. I am angry that he does not work towards better supports for the environment, health care, and education. I am saddened that he appears to be uncaring when it comes to the lives of children, and is not working with world leaders to make better laws and supports with regard to the immigration crisis. I hate the fact that he continually stands up for Putin who has been accused of multiple human rights violations while not making any time to support good education, health care, and clean environments for our nation's children and our nation's future.

To me he is a self-serving President who continually looks for ways to elevate himself and his wealth above all others. I don't trust him since he's content to tweet mistruths and continually blames others rather than intellectual speak and work for positive change. His business dealings and use of public funds seems corrupt as well as he profits from his meetings at his private clubs and hotels.

I'm not sure how to work against what seems like a big bully of a President. I am reading and thinking about this from my vantage point as one of the mass of average American people.

I am worried. I am scared. I am angry. I am deflated. Yet I remain hopeful that we will find a way to put this President in his place and elect a good leader to follow. Onward.