- Study the reading list and apply that information to next year's teaching and learning.
- Read Boaler's grade five mathematics book and apply to next year's math program.
- Review the math reflection journal information and prepare to embed that effort into next year's program.
- Reread SEL book and embed the specific lessons and language into next year's teaching/learning program with lessons, guiding posters, and other efforts.
- Reread the physical science curriculum and update the website and lessons.
- Meet with Drumlin Farm education coordinator and grade-level team to plan next year's environmental science efforts.
- Study advocacy at MTA Summer Conference.
- Review last year's portfolio and orientation/start-of-school materials and update appropriately with particular attention to embedding the new social studies curriculum.
The summer is filled with all kinds of personal efforts, celebrations, and appointments too so I know the if I schedule the professional learning efforts above, I'll be more likely to complete the work. Onward.