Saturday, May 19, 2018

Focus Ahead: Last Full Teaching Week in May

Spring is fully here and so is lots of wonderful play on the playground, news of after school sports, and many special school events. The week ahead will focus mainly on the fifth grade play, math tech goals, and the upcoming biography project.

Personally as a member of the DESE Teachers Advisory Committee, I'm looking forward to the opportunity to meet with our new Massachusetts Commissioner of Education and other DESE staff and members of that advisory group. I'll also attend my niece's graduation from my alma mater--a college I treasure so I know it will be a great event. I'm very proud of my niece who has been a stellar student, photographer, community contributor, environmentalist, and leader--she's the kind of young woman who will bring our world positive contribution and care.

The week will end with Memorial Day--a time when we'll likely do a lot of yard work as we prepare for my youngest son's high school graduation celebration. Tis the time of celebration, many projects, and lots of happy learning and living, may it continue.