I will think about this again and again in the next few months as I focus in to do good work and make thoughtful impact. I want to veer away from efforts for which I have little voice, choice, or impact, and move towards the areas where I can make a difference.
So where am I headed:
- Continuing improvement of the math program to teach all students well
- Continuing improvement of the science program to teach all standards and students well
- Continuing improvement to the portfolio efforts
- Continuing improvement to our efforts to embed and forward social emotional learning/emotional intelligence/character development efforts
- Continuing efforts to create a welcoming, warm, and dynamic learning environment and collaborative team of students, family members, educators, and administrators
These, I believe are the mainstay of my practice and the areas where I am expected to do well. I am looking forward to what the goals for the system and school will be. I am wondering how they will be similar to my priorities or different, and I will update my priorities to reflect those goals in the months to come.