Saturday, March 03, 2018

We are a team

When I return to school on Tuesday, the focus will be on the theme, "We are a team!" I remade our TeamFive title page with that theme, and we'll spend some time talking about what that means using this Vince Lombardi quote as a focal point:

 "Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work." (And I'll add "a class work; a grade-leve work; friendships work; and a school community work.")

I will remind students that I am there to serve them and to help them achieve the goals that are at the center of our work together in the next few weeks including the following:

  • helping one another
  • staying focused and on task
  • learning the math, ELA, social studies and science standards in meaningful ways
  • asking questions, advocating for ourselves and each other, and doing our best
  • updating showcase portfolios
  • completing home study
I will tell them how happy I am to be back after the time away too.