Thursday, February 08, 2018

Today: Coaching Myself Forward

It's been a bit of a "Little Engine that Could" week as students and educators work really hard to reach for challenging learning goals. The morning writing helps to propel me forward.

In today's lessons, I'll review our goals once again. I'll recommend a number of learning choices that will help students reach the goals, and ask them what they need from me to push forward towards mastery. Then I'll work with colleagues to meet as many teaching/learning needs as we can in this endeavor.

I'll mention the challenges we've faced in the past few days as a number of students have resisted the challenge for a large amount of reasons that include weather, illness, Super Bowl exhaustion/disappointment, and a desire for more play. I'll focus in on the positive goals mentioned in an earlier post and avoid the areas of school life that don't contribute to these goals.

This truly is the push time of the school year--the winter months of digging in, working hard, and learning lots. We can do this.