Friday, September 22, 2017

Try, Try, Again As You Rise

Life is a complex series of plains, inclines, and valleys. I find myself on the rise these days with a large number of deep learning challenges close at hand. I know what I need to do, but there's some personal resistance to the change, and the level of intention needed to make this rise is significant. It's not an easy incline, but instead a deep and significant personal climb.

I talk to my students about the need for vision with regard to resiliency. You need to know, in part, where you're going to get the energy to get there. Dreams are actually fuel for this forward movement, and the clearer your dreams are, the better the energy.

So, I can see I have some work to do in order to clearly outline the dreams and vision that are calling for this more deliberate direction and change. It's a movement towards betterment, a movement that spells some significant change in the details of life (not the big issues or events), but as they say the "devil is in the details," which means that those details of change can be the most onerous as we work for good change, betterment, and the will to rise.