Monday, June 12, 2017

What Can I Do?

I spent a vigorous, fun-filled, emotional weekend at my son's graduation. We had a great time exploring the wonderful city of Schenectady, sharing meals and stories, listening to inspiring speakers, laughing, and enjoying one another's company.

I want to promote more of that good cheer and community at home and in the work I do each day. How can I do that?

Positivity
We have to find ways to be as positive as we can. When problems occur, we have to look for the promise in the problem and work together to find resolve.

Risk
We have to be willing to risk. I especially liked one of the young speaker's emphasis on embracing who we are and being the best of whom we can be with all our individual strengths, quirks and challenges.

Patience
We have to be patient with ourselves and others. While vision can lead us, we have to be patient with the fact that we really don't know how our path will evolve. There are so many possibilities when it comes to life's direction.

Goals
Like vision, goals move us ahead. For me I have some really good goals related to deepening the work I do with students. I've outlined those goals on my 2017-2018 planning post. I also have some goals related to energy, family, and education outreach that will lead the days ahead.

Every one of us has amazing gifts to give and challenges to conquer. Paying attention to that makes a positive difference in the lives we live.