What does this mean in terms of prep?
The following actions will lead me there:
- Become more familiar with Jo Boaler's work via the website YouCubed and her online courses.
- Update the learning/teaching website links and materials for each unit.
- Review and analyze standardized test scores to look for areas for improvement in 2017-2018.
- Review Khan Academy and TenMarks with greater scrutiny with an eye on how these online applications may support student learning.
- Think about room set-up and draft grants that can help to inspire students with great signage as well as provide good spaces and structures for optimal math learning.
- Read math books such as The Joy of X.
This will be the mainstay of my math study. Onward.