Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Where do you fit into this big world of teaching and learning?

There's nothing I like more than working with children in ways that truly make a difference. When that occurs, I'm happy.

So as I consider the question of where I fit into the big world of teaching and learning, I'd say it is to increasingly find ways to teach children well.

This means that I have to dig deep in myself to reflect, find the energy, and learn how to teach well, continually developing my craft.

This also means that I have to work with others to advocate for the structure, schedules, routines, and support that help us to teach well. Teaching well depends on the individual and it also depends on the infrastructure that surrounds that individual.

Further it means culling life's time, commitment, and energy so that I have the time to do the work that brings me happiness and feels worthwhile.

Where do you fit into this big world of teaching and learning? What do you need to do to meet that call with strength and purpose?