As I think about this, I am cognizant of my current goals which include the following:
- Continue to work as part of the state's Teacher Advisory Cabinet (TAC) with a specific interest in the integration of the ESSA legislation, a focus on high needs students and deep, rich, holistic student-centered programming.
- Continue to work as part of MTA's Teaching and Professional Learning Committee to support the responsive professional learning side of our union.
- Continue to work as part of the local union team to foster fair salaries and working conditions so that educators in the system where I work have what they need to teach and serve parents and students well while also enjoying a good lifestyle for themselves and their loved ones.
- Continue to invest in the development of rich, culturally proficient, meaningful, and engaging curriculum work to foster engaging, empowering education programs for children.
- Continue to speak up for better systems, greater distributive leadership, just working conditions, and streamlining of extraneous efforts so everyone has more time to directly serve students.
- Speak up with regard to government and other organizations' influences on education to foster as much holistic, student-centered support where most of the dollars spent on education are directly related to supporting students and their families in ways that matter.
- To continually learn from the many learned people who populate the field of education and other fields near and far.
Where is your energy directed? How do you contribute to betterment locally and beyond? What can you do at this time?