How does one progress in this way?
Working well by identifying the worthy traditional action as well as new, better action profits from the following:
- There is strength in numbers when it comes to change
- Good plans reflect the ideas of many people
- Relationships, strategic action, communication matter
- Every positive action no matter how small makes a difference
- Meetings profit from a clear agenda, time limit, and meaningful rationale and role
- Be inclusive rather than exclusive
- Respect and value the ideas and experience of all stakeholders
- Be specific
Good questioning supports good work too:
- Who makes the decisions?
- What solutions exist here and elsewhere?
- How can we create a strategic process to solve the problem?
- Who can help us?