Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Tomorrow's Focus: Teaching Math

Students still stand all along the computation continuum, yet they're making good progress.

Tomorrow we'll make a number of groups to strengthen skill and knowledge in these areas.

I'll start the lesson with a bit of a pep talk that congratulates students for their fine efforts to date. Then I'll pass back some assessments that students can correct or use for small group reteaching or review. I'll remind them that this learning demands practice and lots of it. I'll also tell them that it's important to pay attention to what helps them learn best--whose their best coach, optimal seat, corner of the classroom, and study aids?

In the afternoon the photography club leader will visit to introduce his program. I'm sure many children will be inspired to join. It will be a good day.