Monday, February 15, 2016

No Response

I'm still surprised when I receive no response for an idea, question, or story.

Typically I respond to most every request, question, and idea, but there are times when I may not respond. This usually happens when an email becomes buried or I do not know who the questioner or sharer is.

I wonder why people don't respond.

Is it because they can't be bothered or perhaps, they don't know how to respond.

I'm not sure, but I think, in general, it's best to respond in a timely, thoughtful manner. Responding doesn't mean that you have to have all the answers or take the time to respond with added energy or work, but response builds team and fuels the collaborative, energized work we can do together whereas a lack of response often tends to stymie growth and hinder progress.

Do you see this in a different way? If so, let me know as I want to understand this situation better.