- Pose your grade level number.
- Ask students to think about what they could create on paper beginning with that number.
- List students' ideas.
- Then ask students to take that number and create an image that's different from any of the ideas on the list.
- Let students work on their creations, then hang their masterpieces up for all to see and examine.
- Make the connection that good collective process helps one to develop wonderful ideas and creativity.
I can't wait to try out this idea as one way to build students' ability to think deep and wide. Nice!