How will I reach this goal?
Make Goals Explicit
First, I drafted the goal for review with the building principal. I will re-look and revise this goal often. The goal includes the goal statement, action plan, rationale, and evidence.
I will carefully carryout the action plan which includes the following components:
- Professional Learning
- Daily Routine and Pattern
- Math Journals
- Daily Student/Teacher Presentations
- Student Critique and Review
- Active Learning: games, problem solving, projects, contests, coding, creativity. . .
- Daily home study
- 24-7 resources online via website and online subscriptions.
I will embed regular informal and formal assessments, both formative and summative, into the math program to inform the instructional path.
Culturally Proficient Teaching
Whenever possible I will include culturally relevant and meaningful numbers, problems, and projects to make the learning accessible, engaging, and empowering.
Regular feedback for all students including the following:
- 2-3 student presentations a day with feedback.
- Regular review of student journal pages.
- Weekly assessment and review.
- Summative assessments review.
- Workshop, small group, and individual meetings, conversations, and conferences.
- Whole class response and comments via weekly newsletter.
Standards of Mathematical Practice