Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Teach Well: Develop Your Craft Through Reading and Reflection



If you want to sustain a habit of reflection and response, I encourage you to read my online book, Reflect for Success.

The book contains a number of reflections related to elements outlined by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.

I recommend that you read one or two reflections a day, then spend some time responding to that reflection in writing or video in an online or offline journal or blog. It's also helpful to create action statements related to the reflections to develop your own craft and practice.

Clearly understanding the expectations related to teaching well will help you to reach the goals you set forth for yourself and your students.

If you have questions, suggestions, or comments related to this work, please contact me via Twitter @lookforsun. I wish you well on your teaching/learning journey.