Thursday, June 11, 2015

Tears

This week I cried twice. It is never my intention to shed tears in the classroom, but sometimes it's inevitable. Tears one were caused by a cacophony of typical events that collided, and tears two were caused by my own son's injury (minor in the end thank goodness). In all, I must admit I do cry at the end of the year--I'm sensitive and the end of the year marks transition for all of us. When we invest deeply in our students and program, it's an emotional journey.

I hesitate to share this tale, but I'm pretty sure that almost every teacher has cried once or twice in the classroom during their tenure, and that's because of who we are and what we contribute.

Yet, with that said, my aim is to create a schedule and program where there's little need to cry, and mostly time for smiles and positive effort.